Some bright news: This month a very rare sign was uncovered in Pasadena along Route 66 and the historic Arroyo Parkway after hiding behind a facade that covered a 1920s building for nearly 40 years. The sign still retains some vintage, intact neon tubes and brings forth fond memories of Adohr Milk Farms, a Tarzana based dairy farm established by Merritt and Rhoda Rindge Adamson in 1916 (Adohr is Rhoda spelled backwards). This rare and historically significant sign retains even more meaning when it can stay on the building it has graced for nearly 100 years. The Museum of Neon Art, Kim Cooper and Richard Schave from Esotouric, Pasadena Heritage, Adriene Biondo, Chris Casady, and numerous other lovers of the light and preservers of history have advocated for the signs preservation in place. MONA extends gratitude to Evan, the contractor, and Howlin’ Rays the new tenants that have announced they plan to keep the sign intact, and illuminate the H and R. We hope this careful reuse and preservation of the signage will serve as an example for future projects.